Search This Blog

Sunday 27 December 2009

Back Again!

Hi again...well it is Sunday and I said I'd be back, this is really good for me, by that I mean keeping my blog updated. I really should show this same commitment to my facebook profile!! lol

Well, Christmas was good, spent it with family. Kids loved their presents, it actually brought a tear to my eye when my son, who is only 4, opened up his main present to reveal a Nintendo Wii, he was so excited. Beginning to regret that one a little now as every waking hour he is playing Mario Kart on it, he is actually getting very good at it which we are impressed with as he has problems with coordination and fine motor skills and we were led to believe that the Wii may actually help.

Had to do a bit of work over the last couple of days, so it has not been all rest for me, also has meant no alcohol, as I have been driving. I've actually been very good food wise aswell, haven't over done it too much!

Went to church today....remember the one....St Augustine's in Canterbury (http://www.anglicancatholic.org.uk). I have to say the church looked very nice with the Christmas decorations. I managed to follow more of the service this time, so I am getting better, I even rembered to kneel when receiving my blessing this time! At one stage I did notice some passers by looking in through the window, I wonder what they thought, and did I look like a professional to them??? It would have been nice if they had come in to join us....maybe they will one day.

I have learnt that as Christians we are still in the Christmas period, it is known as Octave and is a period of 8 days including Christmas Day itself (think I am right in saying this....feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). So, it is perfectly acceptable to still say Happy Christmas to each other, you don't have to start saying Happy New Year just yet!! The Christmas festivities carry on for a little while after Christmas Day in our family in any case, as the extended family get together at various points between Christmas Day and the New Year...so let the celebrations continue!

The Bishop's sermon today was centered on learning from your teachers and listening to what they have to say. This is very true in life. Obviously God is our teacher, and it should be our intention to learn from Him in order that we may live our lives as true christians. The bible, although it is a book, is also a teacher, as much can be learnt from it. Our priests (or in my case Bishop) are teachers and we can learn from them. But don't forget we are also our own teachers and each others teachers....so always listen to what each other has to say.

Bishop Damien very kindly gave me a present today. I opened it when I got home and found that it is a book called 'Praying the Jesus Prayer Together' by Brother Ramon and Simon Barrington-Ward. This gift was a very kind and much appreciated one. This book appears to promise a very interesting and inspiring read, and will hopefully help even more on my spritual journey....so, Bishop Damien, thank you so very much!

Anyway, this is enough for today (or I should say yesterday, as it has now past midnight). I will return soon....until then 'HAPPY CHRISTMAS'!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment