Search This Blog

Sunday 14 February 2010

The bathroom is free!

It's been over a week since my last update on here, but what a week it has been!

Last Sunday I was hit by some sort of stomach type bug, possibly novo-virus, causing the usual pain and many trips to the bathroom, as a result I was unable to attend church last Sunday. This lasted into Monday and come Tuesday morning I was feeling a lot better, but not quite 100%.

However, early hours of Wednesday morning I woke up and needed the bathroom again...it had come back...with a vengeance!! When I finally managed to go back to bed I was asleep for a while and then awoke to find that my blood sugar level had fallen quite a bit...I was having a hypo, something which I haven't had for ages. To make matters worse I couldn't tolerate the thought of eating or drinking anything, let alone something sugary. Luckily I did manage to drink some lucozade sport drink, so that solved the problem. I then managed to go back to sleep, and between bathroom visits and some sleep I stayed in bed all day. I finally managed a couple of slices of toast at about 8pm that evening, and they stayed down!

Thursday I was running at about 50%, still couldn't eat or drink much, but the day went past without too much of an incident (with the exception of the fairly heavy snow that we had in Ashford and the surrounding area.

Much the same on Friday, except the snow had started to clear.

Saturday was a different story....bad stomach cramps all day (and night), unable to use the bathroom, despite the real urge to do so. I really thought that it was coming back for a third time and was dreading it. What was also annoying me was the fact that I was looking forward to going to church today, and so didn't want those plans dirupted by round three! I got in from work at about 2am this morning and went to bed (still with stomach pains). Luckily I awoke at about 9am and the pain had gone and my relationship with the bathroom appears to be back on an even path!!

So, it was back to church today, which happens to be Quinquagesima Sunday (the last Sunday before lent), it is also St. Valentines Day...I'm sure that I don't need to explain this.

I decided to drive to Canterbury today, nothing exciting happened apart from the fact that I got caught at a red light at some roadworks on the A28...that really was the highlight of the journey! I parked in a public long stay car park in Canterbury and was horrified at the cost...£7 for between 3 and 24 hours...robbery...Canterbury City Council should hang their heads in shame. For up to 3 hours was only £3, so why the huge leap, and why not an option for up to 5 hours perhaps??

Today's service went without too much of a hitch, even though the Bishop didn't have an altar server today. Roy is recovering from his recent operation so is on orders to rest, so he sat at the back of church coughing, etc instead. He did manage to ring the bells a few times though...right in my ear I might add! There is a saying "revenge is sweet"...no, I must behave myself, I am a Christian!!

I shall be back at church on Wednesday (subject to bathroom commitments), and it will be Ash Wednesday...the start of Lent.

Until then...maybe I should buy shares in Andrex...just in case!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment