Search This Blog

Sunday 7 March 2010

Is it a plane...is it a train...no...it's a bus!

Hello yet again, it's good to know that the rail service has returned to normal after the problems last Wednesday, so that is a return to delays and lack of information, etc.

Every time I need to get the train to Canterbury I always check with National Rail Enquiries, to check about delays and things like that. As usual I checked this morning only to establish that there were no reported problems. Debbie dropped me off at Ashford station, and we both noticed that there seemed to be a rather large amount of buses/coaches at the station...I should have spotted the signs I suppose!

I went into the station, only to find out that the service to Canterbury West had been replaced by a replacement bus service, and as such a different timetable was operating, and I had just missed the one to Canterbury! Next one in 40 minutes time, meaning that I would be late for mass.

Instead I managed to convince my grumbling wife (who was waiting in the car, just in case) to drive me to Canterbury...believe me she can moan!!!!! Anyway, she dropped me off in Canterbury in plenty of time.

Mass today was at the normal Sunday time of 11am, and it went well. Today is Lent 3.
It was also the 3rd in the series of confirmation classes in which we discussed being members of Jesus' church.

The Bishop's sermon today followed on from last week's...the devil was mentioned once or one hundred times!! Today it was said that Christ is far more powerful than the devil, and therefore by following Christ we can beat the devil and in the process cause Satan some pain. The bishop said that he does not want to cause God any pain but would quite like to cause the devil some pain. If they were ever to have a boxing match then I'd put a tenner on the Bishop to win! Christ has already defeated the devil, and with the help of Our Lord then we can also beat him, so with this in mind then maybe we should be backing ourselves to win. I for one know which team that I want to be a part of for the rest of my life (and forever) and that is TEAM GOD!! Why don't you join me!

After the service it was time for tea and coffee, luckily we had some milk this time, so normal tea drinking could resume, together with a sampling of the Oxfam biscuits!! Magaret normally makes the drinks (and a great job she does), but unfortunately her leg is giving her some grief at the moment, so she was sitting and resting it and her husband Laurence adopted the task...he did a pretty good job. Better than my attempt last Wednesday! I hope that Magaret is feeling better soon, as it was obvious to see that she is experiencing quite a bit of discomfort. I'll be sure to include her in my prayers.

Neraly forgot to mention, at the end of mass today was our monthly healing service, I pray that those who received healing today soon experience it's benefits.

The Bishop had to leave after the confirmation class today as he was travelling to Rochester to say mass there in Father Ray's absence. I pray that Father Ray's recovery continues, and with each day he gets better and better.

My journey home today involved a bus journey from Canterbury, which meant travelling on a bright yellow coach with none other than Stirling Moss at the wheel. The ride itself was akin to a roller coaster ride, speed, sharp turns and sudden braking...I think that you get the picture. The last time that I experienced a journey like that was at Thorpe Park! Still we all survived, but I am sure that I actually saw people kissing the ground when we alighted at Ashford!

That's all until Wednesday...until then if you see a big yellow coach, then just walk instead!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Richard,
    I've finally managed to work out how to join up to this thing ... so here I am! Commenting on your post ... and I've even enrolled as your first 'follower' although since I check your blog so often perhaps 'stalker' would be more appropriate!
    +DM

    ReplyDelete