Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 March 2010

We need more chocolate biscuits (the posh Oxfam ones)!

Another Wednesday has arrived, actually as I write this it is nearly over, so technically I should be saying 'another Wednesday has nearly gone'!

No major events to report on from this morning, no haircut at a Turkish barbers, however I did have to pop into the ever-exciting Ashford town centre this morning as I was hunting for a birthday card for Laurence and a Mothering Sunday card for my wife (from the kids of course). I got the birthday card, but totally forgot about the card for my wife. Oh well...I've got a few days left yet!

The train to Canterbury was slightly late this morning, but I arrived in Canterbury with plenty of time to spare before mass at 12pm. It was very busy in Canterbury today, plenty of tourists, etc.

At church today I met another new face, this time in the form of Danny, he normally attends our church in Rochester and is the brother of Colin who I met a couple of weeks ago.

Margaret was looking a lot better today, and she said that she feels a lot better, so this is good news and obviously proof that the healing service worked. It also meant that she felt able to resume her role of chief tea maker...she is far better at it than Laurence or I!!!

Talking of tea, I noticed that the chocolate biscuits have vanished. I'll have to confess here and say that I was responsible for the destruction of one of the last remaining two when the biscuit jar was produced this morning. Sadly Roy wasn't at church today...so if you're reading this Roy then the chocolate ones are better than the ginger ones (hint, hint), and I'm not talking about labradors here!!

In Sunday's blog I mentioned Stirling Moss...maybe I shouldn't have mentioned him, because one mention in my blog and he injured himself....coincidence I'm sure, but I pray that he quickly recovers (at least he wont be driving rail replacement buses for a while though!!!!!!).

I couldn't stay for Stations of the Cross today as I had to get home in time to collect my son from school with my wife and daughter and take him to his hospital appointment to check that his eyes are doing what they should be when he wears his glasses. He passed the tests with flying colours, and he scored far better than last time, so that is good news.

On Sunday it is mass at 11am followed by the 4th in the series of our confirmation classes. So I'll try and post again later that evening.

Until then I think I'll just have a cuppa and a biscuit....wait a minute, there is a problem....no chocolate biscuits, but, I've just found some custard creams....now they are proper dunking biscuits..................

No comments:

Post a Comment