Search This Blog

Sunday 17 January 2010

It hurts but I'm carrying on!

On Tuesday I had a wisdom tooth removed by my dentist, really it should have been done under general anaesthetic at hospital, but their waiting list is longer than the roots of siad wisdom tooth!

instead my dentist offered to do it under sedation, and as I had been suffering with the pain of the tooth for some time I decided to take him up on the offer. So, it was done, and Tuesday after the sedation, etc wore off it was agony. I ended up getting prescribed some tramadol by the doctor...thankfully it takes away the pain, but seems to me me feel rather rough!

Anyway, I wasn't feeling too special this morning, but still went to church (remember last week's blog about putting God first??). To be honest, during the service I really thought that I was going to pass out a couple of times, and at one stage I even had to stay seated whilst the others were standing, but rather this than collapse on the floor I suppose!

I'll be honest here, because of the way I was feeling today's service didn't all 'sink in'. I think the sermon for today was about making the commitment to God, there was emphasis on the fact that is not just a case of being baptised and thinking that this is a guaranteed ride to heaven. It is important to commit, in terms of being confirmed and remaining commited. Speaking of which, I am now starting to think about formally applying for membership of the ACC, which will mean me being confirmed, this of course is one of the sacraments.

There is no mass in Canterbury next Sunday as the Bishop is visiting South Molton in Devon as the ACC have a new mission there, the Mission of St. Benedict. I would like to wish Father Michael Clothier (the Deacon there) every best wish, and of course he and the mission will be in my prayers.

I was going to attend our church in Rochester next Sunday, but there will be no service there for a short while as the priest there (Father Raymond Thompson) is due to go into hospital very shortly for an operation, it goes without saying that he will be in my prayers aswell.

I can't think of much else to write today, so I think I'll leave it here and go and get all woozy on painkillers!! I'm overdue some more and the tooth (or rather lack of tooth) is starting to give me grief again now.

Until next time...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment