Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 May 2010

The Bishop tours South East London & Kent!

I forgot to mention in my blog the other day that the Bishop recently appointed me to serve as his Nominee on the Diocesan Council of Advice for 1 year. I'm not overly sure what I am meant to do, but I'll do my best...and I'm rather honoured to be honest!

With today being Wednesday it was off to church for mass at 12pm. Nothing unusual happened. Jennifer had a friend of her's join us for mass today, and they went for lunch after tea and coffee.

Bishop Damien and I had arranged to go to London this afternoon to visit a vestment exhibition being held in Westminster. It was arranged by a Spanish company and was held in Westminster Cathedral Hall. I have a top tip for you here: If you are ever looking for Westminster Cathedral Hall then you will find the address given as 42 Francis Street, SW1. The entrance is actually in Ambrosden Avenue. We established this after several minutes searching and walking the length of Francis Street!!!

The exhibition was not quite what we had expected, it was somewhat smaller than we had imagined. Still, they had some nice items and the Bishop managed to obtain a couple of catalogues.

We then decided to have a look around a couple of Christian shops in the area. We went into St. Pauls Shop, which is next to Westminster Cathedral. They seemed to have quite a bit in there! Everything from greetings cards to clerical shirts. We then went into Westminster Cathedral and had a look around and said a prayer obviously. We then had a look in their shop to see if there was anything that took our fancy.

After this we went to Pizza Hut for something to eat, which was nice...I even got to visit their ice cream factory...I did control myself though and only made one visit!

It was then time to take a stroll back to Victoria train station, as we had arrived by train from Canterbury. We caught the train back to Ashford, and this is where his Lordship's tour started! It turns out that the train was the 'stopping' service, calling at all stations (plus some extra for good measure I think)!!! In fairness it did run 'fast' from London Victoria to Bromley South...but even I've lost track with the names of all of the other stations we called at, finally arriving in Ashford at 20.16hrs.

Roy met us at Ashford and kindly gave me a lift home before heading to Lydd on the continuation of the Bishop's lengthy (and unplanned) tour of Kent!! Somehow I don't think that the Bishop will leave the travel planning to me next time!

It was a good day though...with good company.

Anyway, that's it for today...I've got to get my sleep so that i'm ready to vote tomorrow..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment