Search This Blog

Monday 24 May 2010

I could never run a Swiss railway!

Late again! Actually, if I want to get picky with myself then I should mention that I did in fact miss a whole week out...not quite sure what happened there...time does indeed fly by when you are having fun!

So a quick update, to try and bring you up to speed....

Sunday 16th - Church as normal.
Wednesday 19th - Had bad toothache, so instead of going to church I had to go to that torture chamber, more commonly known as the dentist. Two injections, some drilling, grinding and filling later and the pain had gone!
Thursday 20th - My wife's 33rd birthday...I'm younger than her!!!!!
Saturday 22nd - Church for our patronal in celebration of St Augustine of Canterbury (our patron). We had mass followed by a parish lunch at Pizza Express, followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.

That brings us up to Sunday 23rd, which was Pentecost, also known as Whit Sunday. It was church as usual on a Sunday. Pentecost falls 50 days after Easter Day. According to scripture it is when the disciples were filled with the Holy Ghost (also known as the Holy Spirit), it descended upon them like tongues of fire.

This is what the bible says:

Acts 2: 1-6

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

I find that quite descriptive of the Holy Ghost actually at work so to speak, but I can't help wondering whether or not they were scared, and whether or not the tongues of fire were hot or not. My mind really does work in strange ways sometimes!

Anyway, that has now played catch up with my blog and the next update should be on Wednesday....please not that I did say "should"!!!

Until then....................

No comments:

Post a Comment