Search This Blog

Thursday 13 May 2010

The future's bright....the future's Orange!!!

I know that this is a day late, but what is a day between friends? And don't answer by saying 24 hours!

On Tuesday Bishop Damien, Roy and I went to the Christian Resources Exhibition, which was held at Sandown Park. It was certainly bigger than the vestment exhibition that the Bishop and I attended last week. Actually I thought that it was really good, and we made some rather handy contacts.

Roy also booked a stand at the next few exhibitions (held at various venues) for Credo Care, which is the fostering company that he and the Bishop, oh, and Greg, operate. The exhibitions could possibly be a good place to recruit foster carers for Credo Care.

At the exhibition Roy and I were also measured up for cassocks at one of the stands. We are having our cassocks made to measure, and Roy is rather proud of the fact that they will not be made from polyester!!! This is a long story, so I wont go into it. I actually can't remember what they will be made from, but I am sure that they will be good and last for some time. The purpose of them is for us to wear as servers, and mine will then be able to be used if and when I become an ordinand.

On the way home we went to Ikea to look at furniture and we also ate there. I had their famous Swedish meatballs!

We had a reason to be looking at furniture. Bishop Damien and Roy (with Greg's support) recently decided to set up a further business, selling various church supplies and certain religious items and gifts. It was decided to have a website and a shop, in Canterbury. They decided to offer me the post of manager. I am thrilled with this, so of course, I accepted their offer. I start on 1st June!

We have aquired a shop also. It will be at 13 Orange Street, Canterbury. This is just around the corner from our church, and a stone's through from the cathedral.

The business will be called CANTERBURY CHURCH SHOP and the website is currently under development, this will be www.canterburychurchshop.co.uk

We will sell a range of items from books to vestments and candles to statues!

This is a fantastic concept and a great opportunity for me to actually do something with my life. God has given me this opportunity, and it must therefore be part of His plan for me!

Anyway, I will post more on here as it happens!

On to Wednesday (yesterday)....I went to church as normal and mass started at 12pm. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. We had coffee afterwards, only today we had a latte from the shop at the end of the road, as we had no milk. We had a general chat and then said our farewells.

After church I had to go to Argos to buy a Peppa Pig bedding set for my daughter...she is made about Peppa, we're actually going to see a live Peppa Pig show on 26th May at Tunbridge Wells!

Today is Ascension Day, and as such there would have been mass at church. Sadly, I was unable to attend, due to work, but once the shop is opened then hopefully this will be a problem of the past!

Oh well, that's all for now. I'll be back on Sunday.

Until then...............

No comments:

Post a Comment