Search This Blog

Monday 31 May 2010

3-in-1......and no....I'm not on about oil!

This is actually intended as a double posting, it was going to report yesterday's events and those of today...but today kind of changed, but I'll tell you all about the changed events...but first, yesterday!

Yesterday was Trinity Sunday. It is slightly different to most of the church Kalender (and yes, that is spelt correctly). On Trinity Sunday we do not celebrate a feast as we normally do, instead we sort of celebrate a doctrine. The doctrine is that of the Holy Trinity, the 3-in-1 God, being Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I have to say the Holy Trinity is certainly more powerful than any oil that I have ever come across.

After mass it was tea and coffee as usual, together with biscuits. I was a bit of a rebel I have to say. Instead of having my usual two cups of tea I went out on a limb and had one cup of tea followed by a cup of coffee! I know, I certainly know how to live life on the dangerous side!!

Now we move on to today. The Bishop had planned a parish outing to Walsingham in Norfolk which is the home of the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham. Today marks the annual National Anglican Pilgrimage to the shrine.

Unfortunately the Bishop sent me an email last night (which I got this morning), saying that he was unwell and it was likely that our trip would be cancelled, as it was he, Roy, Jemima and I going. He sent a further email this morning confirming that he was not feeling any better, so he reluctantly called off the trip. I know that he did not want to do this, as we were all looking forward to it, however, he did not plan to be ill, and his well being is far more important than any trip in my opinion. I do hope that he is feeling better now.

So, today I spent the day with my family. Debbie and I took Ethan to Dover to the raceway there for the banger and stock car racing today. Hollie spent the afternoon with my mum as it isn't really suitable for kids her age.

We also took Deb's mum and dad and our friend Simon. It cost a total of £22 for all of us to get in and was a great day. There was a total of 12 races, including 3 demolition derbies! The last race was a demolition derby with bangers towing caravans...Jeremy Clarkson would love that!!!! The day started a 2pm and finished at about 7.30pm, so this represents a great value day out...fun for the family, oh...and very dusty!

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I oficially start work for Canterbury Church Shop, although it is not fully operational yet, so it will be a case of sorting out the stock which has already been obtained, etc, etc. I'm really looking forward to it, and want to prove myself, although there is a lot for me to learn!

Oh well....I'm off to bed now....early start tomorrow, I've got to be at work, in Lydd, for 10am!!! That will be my first lay in for about 2 years!

Back soon...............

No comments:

Post a Comment